Tuesday 12 January 2016

Here I am!

I have arrived in Sri  ar sellingenk after a long journey, so I have been very tired today. My plane landed in the airport near Colombo at 5 o'clock this morning. Colombo is the capital of Sri Lanka.

I took a train to Galle, where I will be staying. The train was very busy and very hot. At each station salesmen would come on, trying to sell peanuts, fruit, snacks and things like that. They push through the crowds shouting out what they have for sale, but as they are speaking in Sinhala, the local language here, I can't understand them.


Tomorrow I think will be starting teaching a primary school here.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you've reached Galle in one piece - you must be exhausted after all the travelling. Did you have to stand on the train?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anonymous. No I managed to sit in the train, but there quite of people standing. On the busy trains, the stand on the footplate and hang out the doors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I'll answer as soon as I can.