Wednesday 13 January 2016

My first full day



Today I went to the school where I will work. I will start there properly on Monday. It is quite a big school, with 53 teachers. I will try to get photos some time soon.
After that, I went for a walk in the town: it is very busy with cars, lorries and motorbikes everywhere. There are also hundreds of “tuk-tuks”. These are 3 wheeled taxis with a motorbike engine and handle bars instead of a steering wheel. They have a soft roof and can seat two passengers or maybe three with a squeeze. The drivers keep blowing their horn and overtake in some dangerous places!
In some parts of Sri Lanka, fishermen sit on a pole stuck into the sea-bed and fish from there. I don’t think the ones in this picture are used now though. They are maybe just there for visitors like me to take photos! See the tuk-tuks in the bottom picture: can you spot the coconuts?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I'll answer as soon as I can.